Give back to the climate adaptation field and help shape its future.
The ASAP Serves program provides meaningful opportunities to contribute to the ASAP Network and the adaptation field. These opportunities, coupled with innovative volunteer and leadership training, enable members to apply and grow their skills to advance and transform the Network and the field. Interested in serving? Contact Breana Nehls at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn about open opportunities.
The ASAP network runs on the power and dedication of volunteers. THANK YOU for contributing to this community and to the adaptation field.
*indicates an activity that is currently running or a member who is currently serving.
Member groups keep ASAP members connected, sharing, and learning. Thank you to our group leaders!
- Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Committee*: Alex Basaraba*, Galen Treuer*, Julia Kim*, Shameika Hanson*, Sharon Hausam*, Vanessa Lueck*
- Convening Climate Collaborators: Lorena Palacios
- Policy Practice*: Angie Hacker*, Anna McGinn*, John Phillips*, Gavin Dillingham*, Gabriel Henderson, Jason Liechty*, Joel Smith*, Josh Foster*, Miles Gordon, Ira Feldman, Karl Schultz, Lisa Granquist, Nat Lichten
- Private Sector Adaptation Professionals*: Jim Fox*, Janice Barnes*, Jessica Cahail*, Tad Wood*, Katharine Pan, Kari Hewitt
- Professional Opportunities in Adaptation*: Avery Kaplan*, DeCarlo Brown*, Angela Hessenius* Joanna Parkman*, Erin De Vries, Isaac Gendler, Miles Gordon
- Personal Resilience/R*ECO*NNECT*: Lily Swanbrow Becker*, Susi Moser*, Emily Wasley, Jake Pollack
- Network of Networks*: Melissa Ocana*, Sean Bath*, Amanda Leinberger*, Maggie Ernest Johnson, Ruby Woodside
- Community Adaptation Learning Exchange* (Think Big/Community Adaptation Planning & Design): Justine Shapiro-Kline*, Sebastian Malter*, Emily Alvarez*, Rose Newberry*, Yilin Lai*, Angie Hacker, Miles Gordon, Emily Korman
- Climate Migration and Managed Retreat*: Christian Kamrath*, Collyn Chan*, Patrick Marchman*, Isaac Gendler*, Barrett Ristroph *, Blake Gentry*, Judy Dorsey, Gretchen Bank, Roger Sorkin, Kelly Main, Anna Marandi
- Diverse Adaptation Drivers and Approaches: Janeen Wietgrefe, Matthew Jones
- Learning from Pandemic Recovery: Emily Korman
- Projects & Evaluation: Emily Wasley, Missy Stults, Mary Sutter
- Houston Resilience Team: Gavin Dillingham, Raj Pandya
Local and regional hubs build the capacity of ASAP members to connect and advance adaptation work in place. Thank you to our Hubs leaders!
- Asheville: Geoffrey Habron, Laura Lengnick, Laura Anthony, Jennifer Runkle, Jim Fox, Aashka Patel, Ned Gardiner, Megan Odom
- Southwest: Kathy Jacobs, Amanda Leinberger, Ladd Keith, Emile Elias, Benét Duncan
- Los Angeles: Natalie Hernandez, Jonathan Parfrey, Woodrow Covington, Chase Engelhardt, Seth Jacobson, Thelma Briseno, Mariana Estrada, Gabriel Varela
- Bay Area: Hannah Doress, Kendall Starkman
- Boston: Angela Wong, Julie Curti, Mary Hannah Smith
- Capital Region: Doug Parsons, Katie Miller, Jessica Grannis
The Mentorship Program connects emerging adaptation professionals with accomplished ASAP members. Thank you to our program co-chairs and mentors!
Mentors: Amanda Farris*, Barrett Ristroph*, Benét Duncan*, Brian Ambrette*, Chris Choo*, Dalia Munenzon*, David Merino*, George Haddow*, Jack Liebster*, Jamesine Rogers Gibson*, Jeffrey Meek*, Joel Smith*, John Phillips*, Julie Wormser*, Marcus Griswold*, Ned Gardiner*, Phoebe Barnard*, Sara Moore*, Tom Eisele*, Tonya Graham*, Trevor Clifford*, Valerie Amor*, Jessica Whitehead, Kaitlin Harris, Kelly Pflicke, Melissa Deas, Sascha Petersen, Patrick Marchman, Emily Wasley, John Bolduc, Jonathan Cook, Josh Foster, Kristin Baja, Gavin Dillingham, Kevin Doyle, Andrew J. Gunther, Tiffany Wise-West, Galen Treuer, Kif Scheuer, Lara Whitely Binder, Michael Dexter, Richard Moss, Robin O'Malley, Sebastian Malter, Sherry Stout, Sierra Woodruff, Susi Moser, Tiffany Troxler, Josh Stack, Andy Gunther, Beth Gibbons, Sumi Selvaraj, Whitney Gray, Jamesine Rogers, Justin Kates, Tancred Miller, Brian Branciforte, Jacqui Patterson, Celis Brisbin, Karin Rogers, David Reidmiller, Beth Stys, Max Neale
ASAP members serving on planning and selection committees participate in collaborative, transparent decision-making processes for the network. Thank you to our volunteers!
- Policy Output Working Groups: Hugo Guzman, Anna McGinn, Joel Smith,David Dodd, John Phillips, Anne Cabrera, Vidya Balasubramanyam, Shana Udvardy, Tonya Graham, Kristopher Eclarino, Queen Quet, Max Neale, Karl Schultz, Joyce Coffee, Jeffrey Meek, Gavin Dillingham, Maria Hart, Jeff Peterson, Hannah Teicher, Carlos Velasquez, Phoebe Barnard, Emma Tipton, Angie Hacker, Jagadish Parajuli, Nichole Kain, Honora Buras, Ira Feldman, Sieren Ernst
- Network Meeting Planning Committee: John Bolduc, Jeffrey Meek, Lily Swanbrow Becker, Dave Merino, Vidya Balasubramanyam, Ann Erhardt, David Nelson, Patrick Marchman
- Strategic Planning Committee: Beth Gibbons, Arlene Hopkins, Isaac Gendler, Jeffrey Meek, Josh Foster, Melissa Ocana, Sara Moore, Missy Stults, John Phillips, Dan Burger, Dave Hampton, David Robertson, Galen Treuer
- Regional Adaptation Leadership Award Selection Committees: Arthur Lee, Beth Gibbons, Eric Mielbrecht, Kate Meis, Kerri Timmer, Kirsten Schwinn, Michael McCormick, Shasta Gaughen, Susi Moser, Angela Kim, Emily Wasley, Joey Wall, Larry Greene, Laurel Hunt, Leilani Barnett, Meg Arnold, Sascha Petersen, Sona Mohnot, Arlen Stawasz, Chris Hilke, Christa Daniels, Kevin Doyle, Kirsten Howard, Melissa Ocana, Mia Mansfield, Missy Stults, Anna Katherine Schwab, Ashley Ward, Ellen Mecray, Frank Alsheimer, Robert Osborne, Steve McNulty, Sylricka Foster, Tancred Miller, Tiffany Hartung, Al Douglas, Ann Baughman, Erika Washburn, Jeff Andresen, Matt Naud, Paul Moss, Scott Kalafatis, Abi Abrash Walton, Alison Branco, Deanna Moran, John Bolduc, Leo Matteo Bachinger, Ned Gardiner, Patricia Bowie, Robert Hart, Dana Haine, Ferdouz Cochran, Jory Flemming, Kelly Larkins, Rebecca Ward, Rick DeVoe, Sandra Rayne
- Local & Regional Hubs Microgrants Selection Committee: Ariela Zycherman, Vidya Balasubramanyam, Caroline Resor, Carolyn Yvellez, Rennie Meyers, Devora Neumark, David Nelson
Through Advisory Groups and working groups, ASAP members generate ideas and create resources to advance ASAP programs and the adaptation field. Thank you to our volunteers!
- Code of Ethics Working Group: Emily Wasley, Steve Adams, Missy Stults, Lisa Friend, Jeanine Petterson, Josh Foster, Ayala Cnaan, Doug Melnick, Melissa Deas, Hugh Peach, Kendall Starkman, Ann Kosmal, Mark Howden, Rachel Gregg, Lara Hansen, Ann Goodman, Joel Smith, Erica Mooney, Russ Sands, Beth Gibbons
- Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Statement Writing Team: Kim Lundgren, Kyle Sullivan
- Professional Education Member Advisory Group: Chris Swanston, Joseph DeAngelis, Derek Kauneckis, Michael Dexter, Ned Gardiner, Josh Foster, Edward Saltzberg, Jennifer Boehme, Benjamin Newton, Jacob Pollack, Ryan Johnson, Nancy Cofer-Shabica, Cara Pike, Vidya Balasubramanyam, Molly Johnson, Kevin Doyle
- Knowledge and Competencies Framework Working Group: Josh Foster, Chris Swanston, Derek Kauneckis, Ned Gardiner
- 2020 Federal Messaging Toolkit and Campaign: Heidi Bulich, Stephanie Dalke, Gavin Dillingham, Tom Eisele, Josh Foster, Miles Gordon, Angie Hacker, Gabriel Henderson, Rachel Jacobson, Jason Liechty, Deanna Moran, Anna McGinn, Jeffrey Meek, Sara Moore, Dalia Munenzon, John Phillips, Jen Shin, Joel Smith.
- Regional Hubs Member Advisory Committee: Vidya Balasubramanyan, Devon McGhee, Hannah Doress, Jeffrey Meek, Josh Stack, Kendall Starkman, Melissa Ocana, Josh Foster, Katie Miller, Kendall Starkman, Patrick Marchman
- Registry Project Working Group: Jessica Hitt, Rachel Jacobson, Tonya Graham, Cara Pike, Marcus Griswold, Nancy Gilliam, Patrick Marchman, Franziska Alesso-Bendisch, Kristin Kelleher, Sascha Petersen, Kif Scheuer, Julia Kim, Helena Rhim
The Resilience Dialogues was a public-private collaboration through which communities connected with subject matter experts to explore their risks from climate variability and change. Learn more about the Resilience Dialogues here. Thank you to our Facilitators and Subject Matter Experts!
- Facilitators: Sarah Zerbonne, Barrett Ristroph, Melissa Goodwin, Steve Adams, Cara Pike, Caroline Walz, Anna Marandi, Becky Kreutter, Brad Spangler, Caroline Lowenthal, David Sittenfeld, Ines Pearce, Maggie Allen, Natalie Bennett, Sarah Walen
- Subject Matter Experts: Aaron Ferguson, Alessandra Jerolleman, Beth Gibbons, BJ Baule, Devon McGhee, Emily Wasley, Jennifer Jurado, Josh Stack, Josh Foster, Justin Kates, Karen Metchis, Katie Spidalieri, Katy Maher, Kendall Starkman, Kimberly Duong, Marcus Griswold, Marni Koopman, Megan Susman, Missy Stults, Patrick Marchman, Roderick Scott, Sascha Petersen, Sebastian Malter, Sherry Godlewski, Soupy Dalyander, Yoon Kim, Ann Kosmal, Anne Waple, Chris Weaver, Christina Hudson, Daniel Brown, Derek Kauneckis, Elizabeth Gibbons, Katherine Hagemann, Kathy Jacobs, Lisa Craig, Matt Mcrae, Michael Boswell, Nik Steinberg, Saharnaz Mirzazad, Sarah Dooling, Ted Wong