Want to learn more? Join an ASAP 101: Know Your Network orientation session!
What’s the price of membership?
We offer two forms of membership to tap into the ASAP Network: Individual and Organizational Membership.
Individual Membership Pricing:
Professional Membership - $180 Annually
Student Membership - $60 Annually
Pay What You Can Membership - Cost should not be a barrier to join ASAP and receive the benefits that come from being part of the ASAP Network! We offer a "pay-what-you-can" model which can be accessed at checkout.
Why Join ASAP?
Here is what current Members have to say about the ASAP Network
- ASAP created focus and structure for engagement and helped me make new connections as well as learn about current practice
- The meeting facilitation by ASAP was the best I've seen on any virtual platform. The regular email updates on happenings (e.g., funding, jobs, meetings, opportunities) are excellent - very much appreciated.
- I could not have accomplished participating in member groups, authoring field building resources, creating professional practice guidance in another venue. There is no other venue that I'm aware of working on these same issues.
Connect with Peers
- Participate in virtual peer learning groups on cutting-edge topics via ASAP Member Led Interest Groups
- Join exclusive member activities to personalize your experience at regional and national adaptation conferences
- Receive registration discounts to climate events across North America
- Meet ASAP members near you by participating in a place-based project, hosting or attending a networking event, or connecting with a local or regional adaptation network
- Access ASAP member profiles and member directory
- Discover partnership and collaboration opportunities
- Engage in peer learning and knowledge sharing with adaptation professionals across the network
Grow Your Career
- Learn about jobs and RFPs
- Attend exclusive webinars and in-person and virtual trainings
- Share your accomplishments via the Adaptation Voices blog and newsletter
- Get personalized career support in the ASAP Mentorship Program and through 1:1 conversations with ASAP staff
- Connect to speaking and writing opportunities across the climate community
- Grow your leadership skills and give back to the adaptation field
- Receive member-exclusive emails featuring climate adaptation jobs, events, and opportunities.
- Access ASAP conferences and events
Build the Field
- Join ASAP Advisory Groups and Working Groups tackling topics like justice, equity, diversity and inclusion, professional education, and more.
- Author professional guidance resources that inform curricula, procurement processes, and climate policy.
- Add your name to ASAP speaker list to share your expertise and insights at events
We envision a network where everyone is supported 100% and no one is left out. Addressing all aspects of climate change responsibly means our network must be accessible to all striving to contribute to the adaptation field. ASAP’s Pay-What-You-Can (PWYC) program is designed for individuals with financial needs to be able to join the network without worry.
You can participate in the PWYC Program in two ways:
1. Become an Individual Member using PWYC:
- Using the PWYC program to access a reduced membership fee. If ASAP’s $180 membership fee is not accessible to you, simply join the PWYC program at checkout when you sign up as a member or when you renew your membership. You’re invited to choose the dollar amount that works for you. By paying the most authentic fee, you are helping ensure that our support is accessible to all. Here is some guidance if you’re not sure what amount to choose:
- Consider joining at $25 for the year (a discount of 86.12%) if you are struggling financially.
- Consider joining at $50 for the year (a discount of 73%) if you are dealing with uncertainty in your personal budget.
- Consider joining at $100 for the year (a discount of 55.5%) if you are doing ok financially but don’t have a lot of wiggle room in your personal budget.
- Using the PWYC Program to support members with financial needs: If you are flourishing financially, you’re invited to use the PWYC program to pay more than $180 for your membership fee. Join or renew today to support the program along with member benefits.
2. Become a Sponsor of the PWYC Membership Program
- Addressing all aspects of climate change responsibly means our network must be accessible to all striving to contribute to the adaptation field. That’s why we’re seeking sponsors to demonstrate their commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the adaptation field by supporting people of all backgrounds to access the benefits of ASAP membership.
(If your financial situation changes, you can update your membership fee when your membership is up for renewal by navigating to the ASAP Member Portal, logging in and selecting My Membership on the right-hand menu and choosing the option Renew, choosing the option Pay-What-You-Can and entering the amount on the renewal form.)
When an organization, institution or company joins ASAP you extend the benefits of membership to your staff, clients and colleagues. Organizational Membership ensures that you have a hand in both building the adaptation field and benefiting from the resources and knowledge that come from ASAP membership.
I’m in! How do I sign up?
If you run into any snags, please reach out to email@example.com or call us for help at 734-219-3529!
Keep me posted! Where can I learn more?
What is an Adaptation Professional?
What makes someone an adaptation professional? Because of the nature of adaptation work, it may be difficult to pinpoint your place in the field. ASAP is here to help. Let's cut through the jargon, both professional and academic, and get clear on what it means to be an adaptation professional. At ASAP we use a simple answer for the question "What is an adaptation professional?" An adaptation professional is someone who seeks to integrate future climate information into their job. That's it.
Want to dig in further? Consider the following questions on how adaptation aligns with your role:
- How does climate change intersect with your professional work? Can you think of a specific example of how you're addressing climate change in your job or field?
- What is urgent about addressing climate change now, specifically regarding your field or profession?
- How will your job change as the climate changes?
Start Here: ASAP's Field Building Resources:
The field building resources below will help you to assess your adaptation practice and make sure it incorporates the latest thinking on what constitutes ethical, equitable, effective adaptation.
ASAP Code of Conduct
and Professional Ethics
Articulates the values and guidelines for ethical professional conduct in the adaptation field. It is a static document that all ASAP members sign onto to mark their commitment to upholding these standards in their own professional conduct.
ASAP Living Guide to the Principles
of Climate Change Adaptation
Is a synthesis of existing and aspirational principles of ethical, effective, and equitable adaptation practice. It is a living document that all ASAP members have ongoing opportunities to revise and contribute to. The content draws is a synthesis of field-spanning white and grey literature describing adaptation practice, as well as ASAP member and adaptation community reflections on the state of the field.
ASAP Knowledge and Competencies Framework for Climate Change Adaptation and Climate Resilience Professionals
Articulates a standard set of foundational knowledge concepts and core competencies that are relevant, and necessary, for all climate change adaptation professionals. The intended users for this framework are climate change adaptation and resilience education providers, climate change adaptation and resilience professionals and students, and other professionals whose role requires they address climate challenges.
As the climate changes, your work will change too. Don't labor alone. Join ASAP to get connected, get resources, and get prepared.