ASAP Mentorship Program
Engage in meaningful one-on-one interactions. Grow the field of Adaptation.
The ASAP Mentorship Program connects emerging climate resilience and adaptation professionals with accomplished ASAP members. The program provides ASAP Members a nine-month framework for engagement focused around the needs of the mentee, and gives the mentor an opportunity to share their professional knowledge, experience, and network.
The 2024 Mentorship Cohort is Coming Soon!
Your fellow ASAP members are engaging in meaningful mentoring relationships, see what they are up to on the ASAP Blog here.
What can I expect from the Mentorship Program?
- Support and guidance from the ASAP Mentorship Program Team
- A nine-month program dedicated to expanding your network and adaptation skills
- A deeper understanding of your adaptation work
- A space to solve workplace challenges together
- A safe community to grow in your career with
- Four one-on-one or small group calls with your mentor/mentee
- Three cross-cohort calls to learn and engage with other mentorship pairs
2024 Mentorship Program Timeline
- November 22- Applications due
- Late November/Early December- Pairing Social
- Early January- Participants Notified
- February- Program Orientation
- February-September- Program Launch and Engage in Mentoring Relationship
To ensure an enriching experience for all participants, the Mentorship Program has the capacity to accept 20 mentorship pairs/small groups. Once this maximum is reached, a waitlist will be formed. As part of our Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (JEDI) principles, ASAP will prioritize the participation of Black, Indigenous, Persons of Color in engaging in our Mentorship Program to increase the accessibility of climate adaptation careers for the BIPOC community.
Not an ASAP Member but interested in the Mentorship Program? Become an ASAP Member to join the program.
As part of our Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion commitments, ASAP is prioritizing participation of Black people, Indigenous people, and other people of color in the cohort. Membership Scholarships are available to join the Mentorship Program. Connect with ASAP's Program Coordinator, Eliza Garcia, for more information.
There are limited slots available in each mentorship cohort. Connect with a colleague on your own and use one of the resources below to guide a professional development discussion.
Thank you to our Mentorship Program partner, Climate Resilience Consulting (CRC)! CRC supports mentorship program participants who identify as Black, Indigenous, or other person of color.