Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (JEDI) Fund
The Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (JEDI) Fund is one of the most critical and tangible ways ASAP is working towards our vision of a more just, equitable, inclusive, and diverse adaptation and resilience field.
Established in 2021 through a contribution from ASAP’s permanent staff members, the Fund has two purposes for 2021-2022:
- Providing financial support for adaptation professionals to engage in professional development and capacity-building activities.
- Compensate people for their time as they contribute their knowledge, expertise, and labor to our network programs.
To request funds, see the "how to apply" section below.
The Fund is a necessary pillar in our work to fulfill the commitments articulated in our JEDI Statement:
- Deconstructing barriers in our membership structure and engagement model to become more inclusive and accessible.
- Supporting all frontline communities developing adaptation resources from their lived experience and traditional knowledge.
- Ensuring that other adaptation resources are accessible and welcoming to all communities.
- Lifting up stories of, and empowering, leadership from communities and critical areas of adaptation practice which are poorly represented in adaptation leadership.