ASAP Mentorship Program
Engage in meaningful one-on-one interactions. Grow the field of Adaptation.
Recruitment for the 2022 Mentorship Program is live! We’re recruiting 20 mentors and 1 program co-chair for the 2022 cohort. Applications are due October 22.
The ASAP Mentorship Program connects emerging climate resilience and adaptation professionals with accomplished ASAP members. The program provides ASAP Members a nine month framework for engagement focused around the needs of the mentee, and gives the mentor an opportunity to share their professional knowledge, experience, and network.
What can I expect from the Mentorship Program?
- Support and guidance from the ASAP Mentorship Program Team
- A nine month program dedicated to expanding your network and adaptation skills
- A deeper understanding of your adaptation work
- A space to solve workplace challenges together
- A safe community to grow in your career with
- Four one-on-one calls with your mentor/mentee
- Three cross-cohort calls to learn and engage with other mentorship pairs
We’re recruiting 20 mentors and 1 program co-chair for the 2022 cohort- apply today! Applications are due October 22nd.
- October 22nd: Applications close
- November, Pairing Social- Meet potential mentors and mentees before submitting your pairing preferences
- January 2022, Orientation: A one hour program orientation will be offered
- January - September 2022: Participate in four calls with your mentor/mentee and three calls with other mentor-mentee pairs
Become a Mentorship Program Team Co-Chair
We're recruiting for 1 Program Co-Chair! The Program Team defines the program strategy, plans networking events, and provides ongoing support to mentors and mentees. This leadership role involves 2-5 hours of work each month and requires a one year commitment. Interested in becoming a Mentorship co-chair position? Email a 250-word statement of interest to ASAP Program Manager, Breana Nehls, by October 22.
Not an ASAP Member but interested in the Mentorship Program? Become an ASAP Member here to join the program.
As part of our Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion commitments, ASAP is prioritizing participation of Black people, Indigenous people, and other people of color in the cohort. Membership Scholarships are available to join the Mentorship Program. Connect with ASAP Program Manager, Breana Nehls, for more information.
The ASAP Mentorship Program is partnered with Climate Resilience Consulting.
There are limited slots available in each mentorship cohort. Connect with a colleague on your own and use one of the resources below to guide a professional development discussion.