Are you looking to join a dynamic team committed to connecting and supporting adaptation professionals across sectors and scales? Come work with us at ASAP!
The American Society of Adaptation Professionals connects and supports climate change adaptation professionals to advance innovation and excellence in the field. ASAP members build essential climate resilience across the U.S., and ASAP is committed to ensuring that work is done equitably, ethically, and effectively. We believe that climate change is a real and serious danger to all sectors and systems; that adaptation and resilience build stronger, more prepared communities, ecosystems, and economies; and that equity and environmental justice should be major considerations in all work that adaptation professionals do.
We know that climate change disproportionately hurts the most marginalized people in society — including indigenous people, black people, people of color, and people from low-income backgrounds. Therefore, the field of climate change adaptation must include professionals who can meaningfully represent the concerns of people with these identities and backgrounds. As such, we strongly encourage applications from people who hold these identities.
ASAP is committed to cultivating a diverse staff and a supportive working environment and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship or any other factor protected by anti-discrimination laws. ASAP is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for an open position, click on the link provided. For general inquiries, email [email protected]
NOW HIRING: Communications Specialist. Click here to apply.
Hiring Timeline Information: This position is currently OPEN and will be filled as soon as possible. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. We are currently conducting phone screenings for this position. Beginning June 28, we will be sending invitations to qualified applicants to participate in video interviews with ASAP staff.
The ASAP Communication Specialist is responsible for the curation, creation and dissemination of ASAP communications products. The incumbent will work with ASAP staff to ensure compelling, consistent communication to members, stakeholders, and the media. They will employ a variety of media to communicate organizational news to members and partners, lift up member stories, build the ASAP brand, and strengthen the adaptation field. They will ensure that ASAP provides high-quality communication services to support ASAP programs and ASAP Membership, enabling the organization to attract, connect, and support a diverse membership spanning sectors and scales. This position reports to the ASAP Executive Director.
This is a part-time position (up to 30 hours per week). This is an at-will position.
- Location: Ypsilanti, MI or remote work considered.
- Salary Range: $20,000 – $30,000
- Under direction from the Executive Director and in collaboration with ASAP staff, recruit or create content, designs, templates, and dissemination processes for all ASAP communications, including:
- The ASAP Newsletter (email, bi-weekly)
- From the ASAP Office (email, monthly)
- Special program and promotional announcements (as needed)
- Marketing and program materials
- Event and webinar invitations
- Website content
- Social media content
- News articles
- Provide copy editing, design and layout support for all ASAP documents, reports, and communication pieces. This includes grant proposals, reports, white papers, and other resources generated by ASAP staff and members.
- Work with the ASAP Network Manager to engage individual and organizational members and ensure they are taking advantage of ASAP media to tell their adaptation stories to support their personal or organizational goals.
- Lead marketing and logistics for ASAP webinars.
- Participate as a full member of the ASAP staff team, including contributing to strategic planning, development of a collaborative workplace culture, and engaging in open communication.
Qualifications & Skills
- Experience in a communications or related professional role
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work with diverse, multi-disciplinary, and remote teams
- Working knowledge of climate adaptation and social equity
- Proficiency with at least one common design software program, willingness to learn new design software, and ability to use new software effectively
- Experience performing website updates (proficiency with WordPress preferred)
- Experience managing social media accounts (experience with corporate social media tools, such as Tweet Deck/HootSuite and Google Analytics, preferred)
- Comfort working in a cloud-based environment (proficiency with G-Suite preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree and at least one year of experience OR at least five years of directly relevant experience
Click here to apply for the Communications Specialist position.