Are you looking to join a dynamic team committed to connecting and supporting adaptation professionals across sectors and scales? Come work with us at ASAP!
The American Society of Adaptation Professionals connects and supports climate change adaptation professionals to advance innovation and excellence in the field. ASAP members build essential climate resilience across the U.S., and ASAP is committed to ensuring that work is done equitably, ethically, and effectively. We believe that climate change is a real and serious danger to all sectors and systems; that adaptation and resilience build stronger, more prepared communities, ecosystems, and economies; and that equity and environmental justice should be major considerations in all work that adaptation professionals do.
We know that climate change disproportionately hurts the most marginalized people in society — including indigenous people, black people, people of color, and people from low-income backgrounds. Therefore, the field of climate change adaptation must include professionals who can meaningfully represent the concerns of people with these identities and backgrounds. As such, we strongly encourage applications from people who hold these identities.
ASAP is committed to cultivating a diverse staff and a supportive working environment and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship or any other factor protected by anti-discrimination laws. ASAP is an equal opportunity employer.
Program Assistant (Part-Time, Temporary)
We are seeking a part-time assistant to support capacity-building activities for our members, a group of practitioners and researchers fighting climate impacts across North America. This is a part-time position for 15-20 hours/week beginning in August 2019. Work location is Remote (U.S.) or from the ASAP Office in Ypsilanti, MI. Initial term is through December 2019 with the possibility of extension. Either an hourly rate or semester stipend will be issued depending on candidate preference, with an equivalent hourly rate of $15-18/hour. This position does not include benefits. The Program Assistant will report to the Senior Program Manager.
Interviews for this position will begin the week of August 12th. While we will continue to accept applications until a suitable candidate is hired, we will not be reviewing new applications until after interviews for current candidates have concluded.
Help ensure the successful planning, implementation, and evaluation of ASAP’s capacity-building programs by:
- managing ASAP’s Mentorship Program, including recruitment, coordination, and evaluation;
- entering, organizing, and analyzing qualitative and quantitative program data;
- documenting and synthesizing conversations during planning meetings and program activities;
- creating, revising, and designing program materials such as guides, agendas, and worksheets;
- assisting in planning workshops, panels, receptions, and other similar events across the U.S.;
- contributing to written reports alongside ASAP staff, ASAP members, and outside partners;
- providing additional administrative support to the Senior Program Manager as requested, such as scheduling, writing/editing, and information management.
- Demonstrated interest in the field of climate change adaptation
- Desire and ability to work both in a team and independently
- Ability to manage time, remain organized, and pay attention to details
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Qualitative and quantitative data analysis skills
- Proficiency in Google Suite (preferred)