Join the American Society of Adaptation Professionals (ASAP) staff team!
ASAP is the nation’s premier professional association for climate change adaptation and resilience practitioners and scholars. The organization connects and supports climate change adaptation professionals, while advancing innovation and excellence in the field of climate change adaptation. ASAP members build essential climate resilience for communities across the U.S., and ASAP is committed to ensuring that work is done equitably, ethically, and effectively.
ASAP is currently hiring Member Services and Communications Coordinator. See position description below. Deadline: April 6.
To apply, send cover letter and resume to [email protected] Include the position title in your email subject line.
ASAP Member Services and Communications Coordinator
This person ensures that ASAP provides high-quality services which enable the organization to attract, connect, and support a diverse membership spanning sectors and scales. They also work with the ASAP Executive Director and Senior Program Manager to ensure compelling, consistent communication to members, stakeholders and the media. This person reports to the ASAP Senior Program Manager.
This is a full-time position through November 2019 with the possibility of extension.
- Location: Ypsilanti or Ann Arbor, MI. Remote work considered.
- Salary Range: $38,000 – $45,000 plus benefits
- Start Date: Immediate
- Position closing date: April 6
- Provide coordination and planning support to ASAP Members as they lead interest groups, ASAP Regional Hub activities, and the ASAP Mentorship Program.
- Engage prospective and new members to encourage them to join ASAP and ensure they get the most from their membership.
- In consultation with the Executive Director and Senior Program Manager, develop and execute engagement plans and provide feedback to improve overall member satisfaction.
- Manage member database and monthly member reconciliation processes.
- Under direction from the Executive Director and Senior Program Manager, create content, designs, templates, and dissemination processes for all ASAP communications, including:
- ASAP newsletter
- event and webinar invitations
- website content
- social media content
- press releases
- news articles and thought pieces
- Under direction from the Senior Program Manager, lead logistics planning and execution for ASAP in-person activities at national and regional events across the U.S.
- Under direction from the Senior Program Manager, lead marketing and logistics for ASAP webinars.
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Director and Senior Program Manager as requested, including:
- Information management
- Interpersonal, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- Self-motivation, detail-orientation, and creativity
- Design and oral and written communication skills
- Experience in program coordination or related professional role
- Ability to work with diverse and multi-disciplinary teams
- Demonstrated interest in climate change adaptation
- Experience working with a remote team
- Experience with media relations
- Working knowledge of climate adaptation and social equity issues
- Bachelor’s degree and at least one year of experience OR at least five years of directly
- Proficiency with G-Suite, Canva or other design software, and WordPress (expertise preferred)
- Experience managing social media accounts (experience with corporate social media
tools, such as Tweet Deck/HootSuite and Google Analytics, preferred)