Think Big – Overcoming Institutional Barriers in Climate Change Adaptation Planning
The purpose of this group is to form a group of individuals who share an interest or/ and need in Institutional Aspects of Climate Change Adaptation Planning in order to join forces to actively exchange practical knowledge, experience as well as to generate new knowledge together. The main objectives are to trigger collective learning and form a community of peers and practitioners that generates practical knowledge, skills, strategies, tools and experiences which can help and guide climate adaptation professionals to:
• Better understand the fundamentals of organizational, systemic change and practical options to drive systemic change in an organization;
• Identify barriers which lead to climate inaction and develop strategies & tactics how to overcome those;
• Identify strategies to build support and more effectively communicate climate change for buy-in for climate action
• Identify tools and resources for decision-makers and practitioners to operationalize equity into climate adaptation work
• Support ASAP members in their climate change mainstreaming efforts.
Through peer exchange, learning sessions exploring organizations that are working towards implementing adaptation planning, developing materials on best practices & the do’s and don’ts (newsletter, factsheets, case studies, talks) etc. the group aims to collectively find answers to questions such as:
• What are institutional barriers in the first place when it comes to adaptation planning and how to overcome them?
• What are reasons people avoid or not prioritize adaptation planning?
• What strategies were people using to engage, build support and overcome internal resistance?
• What tools are people are using to improve communication to more effectively integrate climate change into the organization?
• What do people think are key factors of effectively mainstreaming climate change? If you would start a climate activity, plan or program in your organization how would you start?
Think Big! Monthly Call Schedule:
Check the ASAP calendar for the monthly call time, and then join the Zoom Meeting: https://zoom.us/j/738091620
Sebastian Malter posted an update in the group Think Big – Overcoming Institutional Barriers in Climate Change Adaptation Planning 1 week, 6 days ago
Hi everyone, TGIF!
Join our call this Wednesday, May 15 and please fill out this survey, if possible until end of day Monday, May 13. We need your ideas and input! Link to the survey: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfofYSkJ8anA4Cz1MP9_CgIcKjobQBRQZvS6hNBQD6icNArLA/viewform
Agenda (more details to follow via email)
Think Big – O…[Read more]
Sebastian Malter posted an update in the group Think Big – Overcoming Institutional Barriers in Climate Change Adaptation Planning 2 weeks, 4 days ago
Hi everyone, I hope you had a wonderful weekend!
Our next call is coming soon!
Wednesday, May 15 | 1 p.m. ET
At the day and time listed above, you can join the meeting at https://zoom.us/j/738091620
An agenda and additional information will be sent out soon! Stay tuned!
Sebastian Malter posted an update in the group Think Big – Overcoming Institutional Barriers in Climate Change Adaptation Planning 1 month ago
Thank you for a great kick-off call for our Think Big ASAP Member Led Interest Group! It was great to e-meet everyone. I’m looking forward to scope and shape this group together with all of you.
More details, including meeting notes and next steps are coming soon.
Meanwhile I’d like to share this with you:
1) There is workshop/…[Read more]
Dawn Nelson posted an update in the group Think Big – Overcoming Institutional Barriers in Climate Change Adaptation Planning 2 months ago
ASAP Interest Group: Think Big! Kickoff Call
Wednesday, April 17, 2019
1:00 – 2:00 p.m. Eastern time
Join the Zoom Meeting: https://zoom.us/j/738091620
One tap mobile
+16468769923,,738091620# US (New York)
+16699006833,,738091620# US (San Jose)
Dial by your location
+1 646 876 9923 US (New York)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San J…[Read more]
- Load More