Join the American Society of Adaptation Professionals (ASAP) staff team!
ASAP is the nation’s premier professional association for climate change adaptation and resilience practitioners and scholars. The organization connects and supports climate change adaptation professionals, while advancing innovation and excellence in the field of climate change adaptation. ASAP members build essential climate resilience for communities across the U.S., and ASAP is committed to ensuring that work is done equitably, ethically, and effectively.
Communication and Engagement Internship
This is a paid position. Either an hourly rate or semester based stipend will be issued depending on candidate and preference. The equivalent hourly rate is $10 – $15/hour commensurate with experience.
Initial responsibilities will include:
- Support the online community of ASAP members by: pushing relevant resources to members based on tagged interest, seeking out webinar and in-person education opportunities to share with members, and managing the online member discussion forum.
- Manage ASAP social media accounts to broaden the ASAP reach and connect with current and potential members.
- Assist the Member Services and Communications Coordinator in creating content and designs for ASAP communications products, including: ASAP newsletter, event and webinar invitations, website content, social media content, press releases, and news articles.
- Assist the Member Services and Communications Coordinator in organizing ASAP webinars, including: contacting presenters, distributing webinar announcements, coordinating with partners to connect resources to the webinar page, tracking webinar engagement, and providing IT support before and during webinars.
Qualifications | Required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Interest in the field of climate change adaptation
- Experience using social media outlets
Qualifications | Preferred
- Proficient with InDesign, Photo Shop and other Adobe Creative Suite tools
- Experience with corporate social media tools, such as Tweet Deck/HootSuite and Google Analytics
- Experience developing web content
How to Apply
Send a cover letter and resume to [email protected]
For general inquiries or to share your experience with ASAP Staff please email [email protected]